Saturday, December 8, 2012

Introducing Moi...Lady D!

As I tapped my perfectly maroon-manicured fingers across my ink-black keyboard I willed my brain to come up with the most creative name possible for a blog. What described me? What's catchy? And so on, and so forth. But alas, whatever creative juices I may have had years ago were sucked dry by the red-eyed demon monster we so happily call 'life'. After all, wasn't I creating this blog to document every single high and low (emphasis on low...in fact completely disregard the word high) of 'life'? 

And that was when it caught my eye. The Mac lipstick I had purchased three years ago with the words "Lady Danger" printed on its bottom. Ah-three years ago, a time when I truly believed I could have been a real Lady D. I don't remember whether I bought the lipstick for its name or for its fiery shade...regardless of why, the events that happened three years ago quickly showed me how truly far from Lady D I really was. 

Stuck in a miserable marriage with a baby on the way, I felt far from the woman who should be swiping on some Lady D and click-click-clicking away in my high heels...high on life. 

In fact, my mind was thinking of matters far more important than makeup and heels; my mind was busy thinking of divorce. Was I sure? Was I ready? Could I handle it? All the while, Lady D stayed loyally on my makeup stand.


Yesterday, after being called out for a quick errand, without noticing myself I grabbed the nearest lipstick and drowned my full lips in its light rouge shade. This was the first time in three years. While it was not Lady D, it was one step closer. 

This blog will tell the story of what happened three years ago... and how I learned to transform myself into a real Lady D. 



5 comments: