Friday, December 21, 2012

When Life Gives You Lemons...

As the one-year mark approaches for my divorce as well as the New Year, i've been thinking about my past and about the future. I believe I had done all the things on a "divorced-to-do" list; like gaining ten pounds, chopping off my hair, crying myself to sleep, fighting with my ex, forgiving my ex, fighting again then crying myself to sleep some more, dating someone, then watching the relationship go up in flames, then eating cake.

But there comes a time when every girl must take off her 'break-up' pizza-stained track pants, wipe the icing off her chin, and come to terms with her situation. So the diet/cleanse starts tomorrow and I've got two dates lined up for next week as well as a cousin's wedding. 

So starting today its hot water and lemon instead of the usual 600-calorie caramel coffee followed by the 6000-calorie butter croissant. And the big baggy sweaters are going back into storage and out come the Herve Leger's. I don't care if I stretch them to the point of tearing - I MUST fit back into them! 

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like a plan... good luck! Hope your holidays are going well!

    ReplyDelete